As the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic prevail and countries continue to close borders, our treasured vacation season has been sideswiped in our new socially distant world. While travelling across oceans is exciting, we don’t have to completely mothball our holiday. Staycations or holistays are great alternatives to jet setting. For those who have not heard these terms, they refer to the practice of stay at home vacations – participating in leisure activities within driving distance of your home. You can do day trips or a road trip staying at different locations on the way. Club Swan memberships come with dedicated 24/7 concierge, who are happy to organize all your staycation needs. Need some ideas? Here you go.
Get to know your city
Does your neighbourhood have ethnic and cultural areas that you may not have visited? Go on a mission to try their culinary delights and find out about the history of the neighbourhood from locals. Foreign visitors probably explore your city with tour guides, so tap into their expertise, you will also be helping them maintain their income in challenging times.
Discover your local arts district or do a photo walk to capture the beautiful murals that often pepper the streets in cities. Some authorities encourage local artists to use their talents to revitalize run down neighborhoods. The talent of these artists can be breathtaking, and their creations make for excellent Instagram posts. While we cannot promise that all neighborhoods will treat you to great graffiti, Google will have plenty of suggestions for you to explore.
Join Club Swan and get… more!
Buy and sell your crypto at the best rates and spend them or transfer them to another wallet. You can seamlessly spend your crypto with the Club Swan card anywhere in the world. Everything from one account, on one platform.
- Buy, sell or store 9 different crypto currencies, including: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Tether (USDT), BAT, Paxos (PAX), USD Coin (USDC) and EOS.
- Low fees from 0.5%*.
- One simple rate for buy and sell. No hidden margin built into our prices.
- Seamlessly spend your crypto with the Club Swan card.
- Turn your crypto into traditional currencies.
- Quick and simple wallet to wallet transfers.
- Free transfers between Club Swan members.*
- 24/7 Customer support.
Club Swan’s flexible account gives you access to multiple traditional currencies, live real time exchange rates, bank transfers and an elegant metal card allowing you to spend in more than 150 currencies around the globe.
- Live traditional currency exchange rates.
- Bank transfer exchange rates typically 4-8% better than high street banks.
- USD, GBP, EUR, CNY, and JPY accounts*.
- Transfer funds in and out of your account with SEPA/SWIFT/Faster Payment/Fed Wire Payments.
- Spend 150+ traditional currencies around the globe with Club Swan card.
- International ATM withdrawals.
- Daily ATM withdrawal limit $1,500.
- High account limits.
- Free transfers between Club Swan members*.
- FCA regulated for your peace of mind**.
- 24/7 Customer support.
Save precious time and money. Use your Club Swan virtual assistant for your travel needs. We also offer personal shopping, VIP event access and unique experiences.
- Save up to 40% on flights and holidays.
- Exclusive negotiated rates on First and Business class airfares.
- Private transfers.
- Luxury car rentals.
- Personal shopping assistant.
- Luxury product procurement.
- Concert tickets.
- Activity experiences.
- Event access.
- VIP dining & restaurant bookings.
- Private event & party coordination.
- 24/7 live chat concierge support.
Get in touch with nature
Whether you choose to go for long hike or quick a day trip, staying local may mean you have time to reconnect with yourself and loved ones in nature. You can choose to camp with your pooch and pals on a beach, or if you prefer the finer things in life, try glamping. Its camping but with a hint of luxury. No thin foam mattresses and tin cups to be found here, you have comfy beds and fine crystal for your champagne. You will find glamping sites nestled in woods, on beautiful mountain tops or in sleepy beach coves. Glamping has really caught on and there are many luxury glamping spots around the world. lf you live in South Korea, you may have heard of Studio Archiworkshop, they have taken glamping to new levels with their recently completed “Glamping for Glampers” project. Located in the mountainous region of Yang-Pyeong the remote and beautiful glampsite features a series of luxurious tents, which will not have you missing home comforts.
The accidental chef
Home cooking has been one of the positive outcomes of the lockdown. It has changed the task of cooking from feeling like a necessary evil, to a welcome distraction. Lockdown has given people time to turn their kitchens into experimental labs, where concoctions of all kinds have been created and shared across social media. You can pick up some inspiration from shows like Britain’s Best Home Cook or from classics like Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child. See if you can recreate some of your favorite restaurant meals at home. It you are really, cheeky ask them for the recipe of your favourite dish. If you really want to experiment, get a copy of one of Heston Blumenthal’s cookbooks, he is the chef that uses science to create jaw dropping meals that are as visually appealing as they are tasty.
Whatever you choose to do during your staycation, from exploring, cooking or glamping, the Club Swan dedicated 24/7 concierge is happy to accommodate any needs, you can give us a call if you need some help.