Hospitality is one of many industries that is experiencing financial hardship from the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. As lockdown restrictions begin to ease in many parts of the world, independent restauranteurs and larger luxury chains face the daunting task of accommodating eager customers, while adhering to safety guidelines. Many restaurants put their creative hats on and designed solutions that may even permanently change the way we dine. Here are some creative examples of how they are bringing the restaurant industry back to life.
Mediamatic Eten in Amsterdam, is known for their unique setting inside a greenhouse and their completely vegan menu. They took their communal greenhouse concept and miniaturized it, creating contemporary and beautiful way to maintain social distancing. The subtle switch maintained their brand identity and improved the experience by placing the mini smaller greenhouses by the water. Stylishly and simply executed, Mediamatic Eten cleverly navigated the new social landscape.
Linda Karlsson and Rasmus Persson, Swedish restauranteurs, created a way to provide intimate and safe dinners for their guests. With a rope and pulley system, they offer contactless dinner delivery in the middle of a gorgeously spacious environment designed to accommodate just one individual each day. This takes exclusivity to new levels, if you need some time out for reflection with a good plate of food, this may appeal to your inner recluse. The experience is appropriately called Bord för En, or Table for One.
This next showstopper was invented by French interior designer, Christophe Gernigon. The chic design called Plex’Eat, was inspired by an Asian armchair Gernigon found in a concept store. It allowed a person to listen to music in a sound-proof cocoon without disturbing people in the room. Gernigon’s idea marries social distancing and connection elegantly.
Join Club Swan and get… more!
Buy and sell your crypto at the best rates and spend them or transfer them to another wallet. You can seamlessly spend your crypto with the Club Swan card anywhere in the world. Everything from one account, on one platform.
- Buy, sell or store 9 different crypto currencies, including: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Tether (USDT), BAT, Paxos (PAX), USD Coin (USDC) and EOS.
- Low fees from 0.5%*.
- One simple rate for buy and sell. No hidden margin built into our prices.
- Seamlessly spend your crypto with the Club Swan card.
- Turn your crypto into traditional currencies.
- Quick and simple wallet to wallet transfers.
- Free transfers between Club Swan members.*
- 24/7 Customer support.
Club Swan’s flexible account gives you access to multiple traditional currencies, live real time exchange rates, bank transfers and an elegant metal card allowing you to spend in more than 150 currencies around the globe.
- Live traditional currency exchange rates.
- Bank transfer exchange rates typically 4-8% better than high street banks.
- USD, GBP, EUR, CNY, and JPY accounts*.
- Transfer funds in and out of your account with SEPA/SWIFT/Faster Payment/Fed Wire Payments.
- Spend 150+ traditional currencies around the globe with Club Swan card.
- International ATM withdrawals.
- Daily ATM withdrawal limit $1,500.
- High account limits.
- Free transfers between Club Swan members*.
- FCA regulated for your peace of mind**.
- 24/7 Customer support.
Save precious time and money. Use your Club Swan virtual assistant for your travel needs. We also offer personal shopping, VIP event access and unique experiences.
- Save up to 40% on flights and holidays.
- Exclusive negotiated rates on First and Business class airfares.
- Private transfers.
- Luxury car rentals.
- Personal shopping assistant.
- Luxury product procurement.
- Concert tickets.
- Activity experiences.
- Event access.
- VIP dining & restaurant bookings.
- Private event & party coordination.
- 24/7 live chat concierge support.
While Maison Saigon may not have come up with the most elegant solutions to social distancing, it is definitely the cutest. This Vietnamese restaurant in Thailand responded to customer concerns that the enforcement of socially distant dining made people feel isolated. So, they decided to replace empty chairs with plush panda bears. Not only do they keep diners company, they indicate where they can and can’t sit.
Similar to Mediamatic Eten, a restaurant in Istanbul, Turkey, has crafted outdoor domes to help implement safety regulations. These domes come in a variety of sizes to accommodate large groups or couples. The enclosed area creates a private experience, while guests enjoy the incredible view of the famous Golden Horn estuary.
The restaurant industry’s answer to social distancing has created experiences that many of us would be happy to enjoy, regardless of the current state of the world. Ideas like domes with a view, miniature greenhouses, and private dining in the middle of a Swedish field could possibly be a once in a lifetime experience. When considering your next private dining experience, allow Club Swan concierge services to help you find you a dining adventure.